During the COVID-19 pandemic, our primary modality for providing our services will be via Telehealth. However, in some circumstances, you and your therapist may decide to resume face-to-face sessions. This decision will be made on an individual basis with consideration given to the risks involved.
**For the safety of everyone, we ask that you cancel your session or request a change to a Telehealth visit if you are sick, have a fever or are experiencing symptoms including, but not limited to shortness of breath, cough and cold or flu-like symptoms.**
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Cancel your session or request a Telehealth session if you are sick or have a fever.
- Cancel your session or request a Telehealth session if you or a member of your family has been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Wait in your car. Please do not come into the waiting room until it is time for your session.
- Come alone to your session. No one else is permitted in the building at this time.
- Maintain at least a 6-foot distance at all times.
We will be implementing the following changes:
- We will be sanitizing all touch surfaces in-between sessions.
- We will be spacing out appointments to allow for time to clean in-between sessions.
- We will be using open windows and/or air filters to help with air flow.
- We will have hand sanitizer available in the office.
- We will inform you if your therapist or a member of her family contracts or has been exposed to COVID-19.
- We will be waiving late cancellation fees that are the result of illness.